This loaded nourish bowl is packed full of protein and nutrients making it a perfect breakfast to fuel the day with! Seriously who knew tofu was so versatile?! Well we have the beautiful Sarah from @plantsnsunshine on this weeks edition of her recipe of the week showing us how to make the perfect scrambled tofu!
2 x garlic cloves, crushed
1/4 red onion, diced
1 x red chilli optional
400g firm tofu
Few splashes of coconut aminos or soy sauce
2 big handfuls fresh spinach
1 x tbsp turmeric
1/2 tsp of each spice: garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, chilli powder, red paprika
1. In a non stick pan add garlic, red onion, chilli and a splash of water or olive oil, cook until they start to soften.
2. Add the tofu and coconut aminos, I just crumble and break the tofu into pieces as I put it into the pan.
3. Add the turmeric and other spices, also add some water to the pan to help it along.
4. Add the spinach and let it wilt.
5. Stir over medium heat for about 5 minutes until the pan becomes dry and everything is incorporated
For more delicious plant-based healthy recipes like this follow Sarah's Instagram page @plantsnsunshine